The Internet (originally ARPAnet) was developed as a network between government research laboratories and participating departments of universities. As universities and colleges began giving Internet access to their faculty and other employees, ISPs were created to provide Internet access to those employees at home and elsewhere. The first ISP began in 1990 as The World, based in Brookline, Massachusetts.
Individual customers and businesses pay ISPs for Internet Access. ISPs are interconnected to one another at network access points. In turn, ISPs pay other, larger ISPs for their internet access, which in turn pay still other ISPs.
The Internet Highway
ISPs connect to one another by forming backbones, which is another way of saying a main highway of communications. Backbones usually consist of satellite, copper wire, or even fiber-optic media. Media is a term that means cables or lines, and it’s the physical means of connecting your home to the internet.
Now, imagine these ‘main highways’ are like the major arteries that we have in our bodies. These major arteries push an extreme amount of blood (or data) to our smaller blood arteries (cities). Those smaller arteries then feed into blood vessels (neighborhoods) and then into tiny capillaries (our individual homes).
ISPs provide the same service, except that they use different types of media to do so. ISPs bridge distant locations between cities, states, and countries. Because of these high speed backbone systems, we are able receive an email within seconds, stream our favorite movie without interruption, and play online games with no lag whatsoever.
SwiftTalk as an ISP
Consumers and businesses are accustomed to the idea that they should be able to connect to the Internet from anywhere—whether at home or while sitting in a local coffee shop. In order to deliver connectivity at high speed.
Swifttalk limited is a company that has been conceptualized to provide and focus on the growing and emerging telecommunications industry in Nigeria, we design, provide and install Microwave and other radio based last mile links for telecoms companies and other corporate bodies. Some of the equipment used are; SAF, Ceragon and Huawei radios for licensed frequency links and Mikrotik & Ubiquity for un-licensed frequency links, using some of the same combination of technologies and service POPS as WAN links but specifically for internet.
The technologies Swifttalk Limited used for internet are:
SwiftTalk Fibre / Radio Internet services
Fiber optics, or fiber, is a transmission medium used to transmit light instead of electrical voltage, like copper. The great thing about fiber is that it transmits Internet traffic at the speed of light!
Fiber has great qualities, such as being very reliable and immune to electromagnetic interference, unlike copper. Fiber has the bandwidth capability from 10 gigabits per second all the way up to 31 terabits per second. Without boosting stations (which boost or amplify the signal as it travels, and commonly used with copper), fiber can transmit signals up to 150 miles without regeneration.
SwiftTalk limited provides Fibre based Internet and WAN solutions with various types and levels of redundancy depending on client needs; the general service solution is based on the following components as below
- Multiple Fibre Internet Source. The primary internet source is the from WACS cable and Main One Fibre cable backed up by Dolphin (ACE) fibre link – both landed at Lagos, Victoria Island.
- Fibre Local / National Loop & Internet at ovver 80 locations nationwde. The local loop within Lagos and to most locations in Nigeria is provided via the over 34,000 km of fibre rings round Nigeria. The fibre to these locations are provided via multiple routes and separate fibre cable owners to provide redundancy and ensure that there is automatic failover in cause of failure of one route.
- Radio / Fibre Last mile. The service is provided either via fibre lastmile delivered to the door where available , or radio last mile.
- Optional Backup Radio / Fibre Last mile or 3G/4G APN Backup. A second radio connecting to a completely different service POP or a 3G APN device in special cases can be provided and used with an Auto-Failover router for redundancy in the case of the primary fibre/radio internet link failure.
3G/LTE APN Internet
A Dual SIM 3G/LTE service / router can be used in to provide temporary internet links, for mobile applications, kiosks, or emergency services. This can also be used for backup to critical services and locations
VSAT Internet Services
For very remote locations where there’re is no Fibre / Radio service or on special request, a Ku-band, Ka-band or C-band VSAT internet service can be provided. This VSAT internet service can also be used as backup to highly critical services, particularly at remote locations.
Swifttalk Uniquesness as an ISP
- Swifttalk provides a “point to point” and “point to multipoint” connections, with this allows microwave equipment to use the same frequencies without interfering with each other.
- Provide dedicated internet services.
- SwiftTalk runs on two main links which is the “Primary Link” and “Secondary Link” (Back up Link), preventing an outage internet service time-out.
- A online Desk and on site support to outage down time, slow links etc.
As an Internet Service provider which provides various types of internet service available for your home/ offices/ institution/ community/ churches etc. Just in case you are in doubt if we cover your location, not to worry SwiftTalk Limited covers nationwide in Nigeria, currently covering over 80 towns in Nigeria.
For Installation to be carried out, our professional engineer will visit your desire location for a survey in order to deliver the best quality signal.
Did you know? SwiftTalk Limited provide high-quality secure WiFi to commercial and residential customers. WiFi Operators need an integrated, single vendor solution to configure, manage and monitor these networks from central dashboard. We offer complete hardware and software solution that can be deployed to manage any sized WiFi hotspot.
Click Here to know more about our WiFi Hotspot service
For more Product and Service Contact us Today!!!